Thursday, April 22, 2010

#22 NaPoWriMo

Wordle: Read Write Poem NaPoWriMo #22

Today's prompt was to use any or many of the words in this Wordle.  Here's my half-assed, last-minute, hoop-jumping effort:

dizzy with lack of sleep;
tomorrow my exhaustion
will reverberate through my day
and pepper my instruction
with gaps and rust,
and my colleague
will crow at lunch
about how she’s caught up
on all of her grading,
and I will smile
while a small fierce squall
inside my soul
rages,
my soul an emporium of
grading jealousy
and tired indifference.

4 comments:

Terri said...

hey....I like it...the tone comes through well, like I can sense exactly how you feel.

Lomagirl said...

I have a pile of grading waiting for me in the living room. This is a short break. Ah, the sweet life of a teacher. The poem rocks it.

Audrey Mango said...

Actually, I think this is awesome. I'm pretty impressed. :)

Terri said...

where r u? just end of the school year busyness? and will you return soon? hope all is well.