We are home again. The trip back was lengthy, lovely, rainy, dynamically cloudy. The hills were unbelievably green and covered in wild mustard and other random wildflower clusters. We listened to CDs of various books from
Chronicles of Narnia the whole way up and back; it was nice to get back in touch with those books. We've only just begun
The Last Battle, which will provide some interesting listening over the next week or so.
I did a good job of avoiding grading and cleaning today, though I'm already unpacked, which is a major step forward for me. :-)
Family is already out from Bible Belt for my dad's retirement party, which is in a week. It's going to be an interesting, exhausting, fun, take-it-a-day-at-a-time kind of week.





8 comments:
love the pics -esp the self portrait!
The purple-flower bokeh is to die for.
And love the selfie, too! Yay!
thanks to you both. (i hate doing the self-portraits, but i'm making myself do them. at least i got to still hide behind the camera for this one. heh.) the lupine -- i had been waiting to get a picture of the lupine for the whole trip! saw a ton of it, but it never grows anyplace convenient, like where there's a turnout or anything. finally found some that was near enough the road way to shoot. yay! i was beside myself. :-)
The pictures from your trip are so beautiful! You're making me want to visit California! I hope you got some good rest and rejuvenation on your trip.
i love the landscape pics
These posts of yours filled with the different pictures are really enjoyable, like paging through a beautiful photo book.
I can't hear about lupins without thinking of the Ballad of Dennis Moore. I think that means I'm not an intellectual. Wait, no, that's the William Tell Overture and the Lone Ranger. Anyway, I think it says something about me.
Belas fotos parabéns.
Meu blog:
http://valdetaro.blogspot.com/
Post a Comment