Wednesday, March 26, 2008

Cottage-bound

And why not? We were set. We had all the food and provisions we needed. We had in-room hot stone massages -- heaven. We had music, we had rain, and we had the most exquisite views out our windows. Why leave? The only time anyone set foot outside the cottage today was to take OldManDog for potty walks. (I'll admit that today it wasn't me.)

POM worked on her pottery. I worked on some writing (essays and correspondence) that I've needed to do -- I'm moving to the realization that I've been in input mode for a very long time, and it's finally come to the point to switch to output mode occasionally. I've been in a reading circle with a friend for the past several weeks -- we're not calling it a writing circle because, as yet, we have not written together; but we've provided feedback and reader response to a couple of pieces for each other, and it's been quite useful, effective, motivating, and uplifting.

Tomorrow: breakfast at our b&b from last spring break (buffalo hash sounds weird but is magically good; bacon a quarter-inch thick and perfectly smoked; wickedly good coffee; porch-sitting with the puppy dog), and then the botanical gardens and the art center, rain or shine. I can't believe tomorrow is already Thursday. [Sigh.]

Wisteria seed pods -- oh to be here in May!

POM burnishing her pot some more.

Nigh unto comatose following his big hike and our hot-stone massages and killer dinner of pasta, garlic bread, spinach salad, and wine

3 comments:

Gawdess said...

great perspective on the last shot (I'm working my way from that to the first) - I love the combination of the smooth slicked back hair and dog eyeball and nose!

and watching someone working away on art is always mesmerizing to me, I like that you caught that with POM and the pot

and yes, to be there in May - that would be something but to be there in late March and see some of what you are seeing? That is a gift for me.

Ampersand said...

Ah, I feel relaxed just looking at these. What a lovely break you two (and dog) are having.

Scrivener said...

Still jealous. I know, I should be able to move past that and just enjoy the photos. Sigh.