Wednesday, February 27, 2008

Not stellar...

...but pix nonetheless. Two, to start making up for the last two no-pix days.

I was in bed and asleep before 9:00 p.m. last night. I should remind you that I'm wickedly nocturnal, so this was revolutionary. Dosed up on vitamin C and echinacea and Advil. Used an herb-filled heating pad on the stiff, sore neck. Better this morning. But it only lasted through early this afternoon. Think I'll have another pre-9-o'clock night.

My grading is stacking on my desk and multiplying in my bag.

Morning on campus

The Teacher's Altar

6 comments:

Scrivener said...

Heh. I like the title on the second one.

Gawdess said...

I love the title on the second one and given how often these altars need to be accessed on bent knee - I think it is really, really true.
Hope you sleep the night away and awaken refreshed, kind of like your first picture looks.

Lomagirl said...

I say, give yourself some 9 o'clock nights. I was naughty and skipped my grad class last night. Well, I had to prep for todays major events. And it felt so nice and stress relieving.

Ampersand said...

The lighting in the first one is intriguing. The second one is funny. I come from a family of teachers -- back in the days of smelling the fumes from the mimeograph.

I rebelled against teaching...until I ended up homeschooling my kids. :)

(I have no idea why I'm telling you my life story.)

feel better soon!

What Now? said...

It's 9:00 here, and I'm about to head to bed because I've been sneezing and wheezing all evening. Not good! I too decided to let the grading just pile up tonight; it will still be there this weekend.

concretegodmother said...

thanks, everyone, for your comments. i'm finally feeling better -- all those pre-9 p.m. nights are paying off (that and the vitamins and fluids).

ampersand, i miss the mimeograph! we used to use one to run church bulletins. lol. and my junior high still used them to make tests. lord, how i loved the smell of those tests! miss those heady fumes.

i, too, was home-schooled, for four years -- 3-6th grades. some of the best years of my early life, in so many different ways. even as a public school teacher, i'm an advocate of homeschooling (and private, and charter, and classical model, and sudbury, and... -- in other words, i'm a bit of a contrarian).

whatnow - i'm still attempting even to dent the daunting pile of grading that procreated (like bunnies, it seemed) over the course of this unproductive week. heavy, heavy sigh. think i'm gonna have to go in to school this weekend to get some of it done.